- 2 large potatoes, peeled and halved
- A drizzle of sunflower oil
- 2-3 lamb chops
- 100g petit pois defrosted
- 100 mls milk
- A generous knob of butter
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 tsp mint jelly
- Salt and pepper
- Put your potatoes on to boil with a little salt.
- Meanwhile season the chops then heat the oil in a pan until gently smoking then carefully add the chops.
- Cook for 5 minutes on both sides and then if you can perch them on the fatty side for a couple of minutes to crisp the fat.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm then turn your attention to the potatoes.
- At almost the last minute, add the peas to the potatoes then continue to cook. Ensure they are not boiling for very much longer or they will lose their colour.
- Drain well then put everything back into the pot and mash with the milk, butter, salt and pepper. You may need to use a little more milk to get the required texture.
- When you're happy add the mustard and mint jelly then serve on a warm plate beside your lamb chops.