Paul Flynn's burrata with sticky red cabbage, pomegranate and orange.
- 2 tbs rapeseed oil
- 1 medium red cabbage , quartered , cored and shredded
- 1 finger sized piece of ginger , peeled and finely chopped
- 2 red onions peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 heaped tbs redcurrant jelly
- 100 g golden brown sugar
- 150 ml red wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- 100ml orange juice
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp golden brown sugar
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- Seeds and juice of 1 pomegranate
- 8 small buratta or mozzarella
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a large pot then add the red cabbage , ginger, onion and allspice.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes over a gentle heat until the cabbage starts to soften .
- Add the redcurrant jelly, sugar and vinegar.
- Then continue to cook with the lid off for a further 20 minutes until the vinegar has evaporated and the cabbage becomes sticky.
- Season and set aside.
- For the dressing mix the orange juice with the sunflower oil, olive oil, sugar, chilli, and pomegranate.
- Season and chill.
- To serve, warm the cabbage and put the buratta on top, and spoon the dressing around.