- 150g oats
- 100g walnuts, broken
- 50g flaked almonds
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 120g honey
- 40g light brown sugar
- 30g butter
- 100g dried fruit – apricots, cranberries, sultanas etc.
- Heat the oven to 170°C. Put the oats, walnuts, almonds and coconut onto a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Tumble into a bowl and reduce the oven temperature to 150°C.
- Put the honey, brown sugar and butter into a small pot. Whisk together while melting and bring to a boil. Pour it over the oat mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Transfer to a lined 30cm x 20cm baking sheet and press down well.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. When cool, cut into bars and store in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Flahavan's and Boyne Valley Honey