Serves 4 as a starter or light lunch
- A splash olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Small knob butter
- 2 handfuls mixed mushrooms, cut so they are more or less the same size
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- A little chicken stock cube, crumbed
- A splash of cream
- 100 g/4 oz grated parmesan cheese
- A squeeze of lemon
- A little chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill. Slice the brioche and toast. Keep warm.
- Put the olive oil into a large frying pan and add some butter. When foaming, throw in the mushrooms with the shallots and crushed garlic.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until the juice starts to come from the mushrooms.
- Crumble in a little of a stock cube and add the cream. Allow to reduce until cream starts to coat the mushrooms.
- Season, add lemon and parsley.
- To serve, divide the mushrooms on top of the toasted brioche and scatter over the grated parmesan.