Paul Flynn whips up this nourishing and elegant dish on Today With Maura and Dáithí.
- 1 lb of large sausages
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 4 red onions, peeled and quartered .
- 2 springs of fresh thyme
- 6 cloves of garlic, skin on
- 1 packet gnocchi
- 80g grated Parmesan
- Set your oven to 185 degrees.
- Put your sausages, onions, garlic and thyme in a roasting tray and turn in the olive oil.
- Cook for 20 minutes turning once or twice.
- Meanwhile cook the gnocchi as per packet instructions drain leaving a small ladle of water.
- Add to the sausage onion mix along with the butter.
- Divide onto warm plates and scatter over the Parmesan.