Fresh herbs and streaky bacon make this John Dory dish even more delicious.
- 2 Fillets of Fresh John Dory
- 2 Rashers Streaky Smoked Bacon diced
- 50ml Fish Stock
- Drizzle of Rapeseed Oil
- 50g of Butter
- Black Pepper
- 40g Capers diced
- 40g Gherkins diced
- 1 Lemon
- Fresh Parsley
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- Heat a frying pan frythe bacon with the fresh thyme in 30gof butter until a nutty brown butter is formed.Add the diced gherkins and capers and reduce from the heat to simmer.
- Add the fish stock and allow simmer while fish is cooking. Season with Black Pepper.
- For the John Dory heat a frying pan and add a drizzle of oil, place john dory skin side down and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the fish overand add a knob of butter. Turn off the heat.
- Zest half a lemon over the fish and squeeze half the lemons juice over the fish.
- Add chopped parsley to the fish stock and serve this over the pan fried John Dory.
- Tip: Serve with Salad Leaves or Boiled Potatoes.