Eggs are easily the most versatile ingredients to have in your kitchen and when it comes to friends and craic, this is the tastiest snack food you can prepare in minutes. Brenda's dad Seamus has hens and we are very lucky to get fresh eggs every day giving these baby quiche and enriched colour and taste.
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- 3 eggs
- 4 rashers of bacon, diced
- 6 Spring Onions
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 50ml cream
- Fresh chives chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Lightly grease muffin tins. Using one sheet per quickly fold filo pastry in half and then in half again and push down into the base and sides of each muffin space on the tray. Repeat until all 12 are lined.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, bacon, spring onion, cheese, cream and pepper.
- Spoon the eggs mix into the Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Brian's Tip: replace the bacon with ham. Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche on top.