- 200g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200g soft butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange zest
- 30g cocoa
- 50g chocolate chips
- Ganache topping
- 200g chocolate chips
- 100ml single cream
- Chopped orange zest
- Line and grease an 8" round loose bottom cake tin and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 170°C /150°C Fan/ Gas 3
- In a mixing bowl add the butter, flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla and eggs and mix for 1 minute until smooth.
- Divide this batter in half and add the orange zest into one half and the chocolate chips and cocoa into the other and mix.
- Alternate spoons of each batter into the base of the tin. Run a knife through the batter to create a marble effect.
- Place in the center of the preheated oven and bake for 35/40 minutes.
- While baking, melt the chocolate and cream in a bowl either in a microwave or over a pot of gently simmering water.
- Once the cake is baked, remove from the tin and place on a cooling rack.
- Once cold, spread the melted chocolate ganache over the top and sprinkle with chopped orange zest.