Get live updates from RTÉ
Eunice's Spring Vitality Soup: Today
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 inch Ginger, grated
- 2 pieces of Turmeric root
- 1 Leek, finely sliced
- 1 Courgette, diced
- 1 Green chili, seeds removed and sliced
- 1.5 lit veg stock
- 200g kale, stem removed and shredded
- 200 baby spinach
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic sweat for a minute or two, add ginger, leek, turmeric, courgette and sweat with onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to the boil, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the shredded kale and spinach. Stir to wilt then blitz using a hand blender.
- I usually serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and seeds.