If time allows marinate the chicken fillets in the sweet chilli sauce in a non-metallic dish covered with clingfilm for up to 3 days in the fridge, which will tenderise the meat. Slice the peppers and keep in a Ziploc bag ready to cook in the fridge for up to 3 days to save time before cooking. Leftover portions of this recipe can be stored in an airtight container and reheated once in the microwave when ready to eat or served cold - just bring a fork with you.
Serves 2 (each serving contains approx 480 kcal)
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken fillets
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (60g - from a bottle)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil (10g)
- 250g baby new potatoes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / gas mark 4. Place the chicken fillets in a small ovenproof dish that they will fit into snugly and spoon over the sweet chilli sauce, turning to coat them evenly. Cover tightly with tin foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through and tender.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a saucepan fitted with a petal steamer and cook over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Cut each pepper in half and remove and discard the seeds and cores, then thinly slice.
- Add the oil to the wok and swirl up the sides, then add the peppers and stir-fry for a couple of minutes until the peppers begin to pick up a bit of colour. Season lightly with salt, if using and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange the sweet chilli chicken on plates and spoon over any remaining sauce that is left in the bottom of the dish. Arrange the mixed pepper stir-fry alongside with the baby potatoes to serve.