The perfect treat.
Makes: About 20
- 200 g walnut halves, grounded coarsely
- 50 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 50 g caster sugar
- 50g chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. marmalade
- 1tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 orange zest
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 150g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line two baking trays with parchment paper and keep aside until needed.
- In a food processor, pulse the walnuts into a coarse powder. Transfer in a bowl. Add the almond powder, baking powder, caster sugar, chocolate chips, orange marmalade, orange zest, butter and 1 egg. Combine until the binding consistency is achieved.
- ivide the mixture into 20 balls. When rolled, froth the egg white in a second bowl to a light consistency and quickly deep the balls into the frothy egg whites, then deep in icing sugar to give a sugary coat on to the cookie.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking tray and gently press with your thumb to flatten them.
- Bake at 170 ° without rotating heat for 12 to 15 minutes. The cookies should not be overcooked, otherwise, they will get too dry while cooling down.
- Allow to cool before lifting from the tray into serving a dish or storing box.
Enjoy within a week!