This recipe is perfect for a summer BBQ, you can use the same recipe and replace the steak with fish, prawns, turkey, chicken and even tofu.
- 2 Rib Eye Steaks
- Sea salt & pepper
- Garlic, dried
- 1/2 Red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 Red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 Cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. oregano
- 2 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Any Oil
- 1/4 Cup of cold water
- 1 tsp cumin (optional)
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- Sprinkle dried spices on both sides of the ribeye steaks.
- Heat up a dry, frying pan on a high heat. Pan fry steak 3-4 minutes on each side, cooked to your own liking. Let a golden crust develop on each side, do not shake or stir steaks, let flavours develop.
- Mix all your ingredients for the chimichurri salsa in a small glass bowl and set aside.
- Serve steaks with a generous serving of chimichurri salsa on top. Perfect served with a generous salad and steamed potatoes.
The chimichurri sauce goes perfectly with any food, even with a roast chicken and as a salad dressing. They are great health benefits in this sauce with the great benefits of raw vegetables like pepper, onions, garlic and herbs. Excellent for arterial health.
Make sure to add plenty of greens to your salad to aid digestion when consuming red meats.