Chef Dermot Staunton from Delahunt creates a healthy Lamb Loin with Knockalara Sheep's Cheese on Healthy Appetite.
- 560 g lean lamb loin (trimmed of fat) cut into 4 x 140 g pieces
- 8 tsp coconut oil
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp of mixed fresh chopped mint, parsley and chervil
- 400 g sweet potato
- 200 g tenderstem broccoli
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 black olives
- 2 shallots
- 400 ml white wine vinegar
- 60 g caster sugar
- 60 g strained smoked Greek yogurt
- 100 g Knockalara sheep’s cheese cut into small chunks
- 2 lemons (zest and juice)
- Rapeseed oil
Dietitian’s Tip: Use rapeseed oil instead of coconut oil when frying. Coconut oil is a saturated fat and rapeseed oil is a more heart-healthy alternative.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato into 1 cm cubes. Melt 4 teaspoons coconut oil in an oven-safe frying pan, then toss the sweet potato in the oil.
- Add a pinch of salt, a sprig of thyme and a clove of garlic. Add 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil and transfer to the oven for 15 minutes. (If you don’t have an oven-safe frying pan, transfer to a roasting tray first)
- In a bowl, combine the lemon zest and the chopped mint, parsley and chervil. Set aside.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, add 1 teaspoon of chopped thyme and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat, arrange on a tray and place under a hot grill for 3 minutes.
- Cut the olives in half and set aside.
- In a small pot, combine the white wine vinegar and caster sugar. Bring to the boil over a high heat, then set aside. Peel and thinly slice the shallots, place in a bowl and pour the hot white wine vinegar and caster sugar over them.
- Cut the ends off the tender-stem broccoli. Boil the broccoli in a pot of water for 3 minutes, until tender, and then place in ice water to cool.
- Spread the broccoli on a grill pan, season with salt and rapeseed oil and then grill under a high heat until charred.
- Slice the lamb loin into 4 x 140 g pieces and season with salt. Melt 4 teaspoons of coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the lamb loin until medium rare/pink – about 3 - 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the lamb from the pan and set aside to rest, before brushing each piece with Dijon mustard and rolling it in the mixed chopped herbs. Carve into 1 cm slices.
- Combine sweet potato, shallots, olives, cheese and leftover chopped herbs. Add 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil, a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Mix to combine.
- To serve, put a dollop of smoked Greek yoghurt on each plate. Add broccoli, two spoons of the sweet potato and cheese mixture, some tomatoes and place the lamb loin on top.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon juice and serve.
Nutritional information (per serving):
Fat: 29 g
Sugar: 3 g
Fibre: 7 g