Paul Flynn's Ravioli with Goats Cheese, Sage, Lemon & Parmesan
Allow: 4-5 wontons per person
- I pkt won ton wrappers
- 200g soft goats cheese
- 100g butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 20 sage leaves
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 75g Parmesan grated
- Black pepper
- Defrost the wonton wrappers overnight
- Mash the goat's cheese with the egg yolk and black pepper
- Line up 4 of the wrappers, place a teaspoon of cheese to the edge of one corner leaving a lip of pastry. Repeat for all 4.
- Brush some egg lightly around the edge of the pastry and fold over tightly to form a triangle. Repeat for as many wontons as you want.
- Place them on some greaseproof paper in the fridge. These are best done a couple of hours in advance,
- To serve, bring a pot of salted water to the boil, meanwhile, in another smaller pot heat the butter until it begins to gently foam and bubble - this might 5 minutes or so. Be patient!
- When the butter starts to turn a nutty colour add the sage leaves and cook for 30 seconds. Add the lemon juice and remove from the heat.
- Cook your ravioli carefully they will only take 2-3 minutes at a simmer.
- Drain with a slotted spoon and put straight into warm bowls.
- Divide the sage and lemon butter over the ravioli and dust generously with Parmesan.