Brian McDermott and his daughter Niamh visited Today with Maura and Dáithí to make their classic traditional pancakes for Pancake Tuesday!
Makes: 8 Pancakes
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 25g Sugar
- 250ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 50g Melted Butter
- 50g Local Honey
- 1 Lemon
- Crème Fraiche & Blueberries with cinnamon
- Banana & Chocolate Spread with chopped walnuts
- Bacon & Maple Syrup
- Buttered Mushrooms, Thyme & black pepper
- Sieve the flour into a bowl. Add the sugar.
- Whisk together the milk and eggs, add it to the flour and sugar and whisk to create a thick batter consistency. Add the melted butter.
- Heat a non-stick pan to a medium heat and pour some of the batter into the center of the pan and cook on either side for 1 minute. Pancakes should be golden on each side.
- Top with a drizzle of local honey and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for traditional Pancake Tuesday.
Make the batter and set aside for at least 1 hour before making pancakes.