Catherine Fulvio's Farfalle with Red Pepper Sauce from Today with Maura and Dáithí.
- 350g farfalle
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 100ml white wine
- 2 red peppers, roasted and chopped
- 50g crème fraîche
- 200ml fresh cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g feta, crumbled, to serve
- Chives, to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over a low heat and sauté the shallots until softened. Add the tomato purée and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and cook for a further 2–3 minutes. Add the roasted peppers and cook for 1–2 minutes, then stir in the crème fraîche and cream.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Remove half the sauce and blend it to a purée, then mix both back together again. Season to taste.
- Toss the drained, cooked pasta into the sauce, sprinkle over the crumbled ricotta salata and garnish with some chive lengths on top.