The Dublin Cookery School show us how to make Cannellini Bean Stew with Chorizo and Tomato.
Serves 4 as a starter
Serves 2 as a main course (with some crusty bread)
- 100g chorizo, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 sage leaf (optional)
- 300ml chicken stock
- 120g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 X 400ml tin cannellini beans, rinsed
- Parsley and coriander, both chopped to garnish
- Crème fraiche, to garnish (optional)
- Heat a dash of oil in a medium saucepan. Add the chorizo and cook slowly until it begins to release the oil. Remove from the pot.
- Add the onions to the chorizo oil, season with salt and cook until tender. Add the carrots, celery, and spices. Stir to combine. Then add garlic and sage. Continue cooking for about 5-10 minutes to soften the vegetables.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and the chicken stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the rinsed cannellini beans and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with the chopped parsley and coriander and a dollop of crème fraiche.