Smoked Bacon, Applewood smoked cheddar,& Avocado Beef Burger, Smoked Paprika Mayonnaise, Pickles, Red cabbage slaw, Served with Skinny fries.
- Olive Oil
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 Jacob's crackers
- 500g quality lean minced beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 heaped teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 handful Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Smoked Paprika Mayonnaise:
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 50g Smoked Paprika
- 1Ž2 Juiced lemon
Red Cabbage Slaw:
- 1/2 head of grated red cabbage
- 4 heaped tablesp of mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 6 Smoked rashers
- 6 large burger buns ,
- 6 crisp baby gem leaf, washed
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 gherkins, sliced
- 1 avocado crushed
- 6 large rooster potatoes
- 6 large slices of smoked cheese
For the Smoked Paprika Mayonnaise:
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth in a large bowl.
For the Burger:
- Sweat the red onions in a pan on low heat with a little olive oil, until soft. Leave to cool.
- Blitz crackers until a fine consistency, put all burger ingredients in a large bowl, add the cooled cooked onions and mix really well together.
- Divide into 6 equal balls. Wet your hands and shape into burger size pattie’s. Put onto appropriate tray.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hour. When rested, preheat your pan and seal your burgers off on each side until dark brown, you may finish in the oven until cooked but this should take 4-5 Minutes.
- Grill your bacon add to the burger, put one slice of smoked cheese on top and melt. Half your burger bun and toast slightly. On the bottom place a good spoonful of smoked paprika mayonnaise, then your baby gem, then the crushed avocado. Place your burger on top, add your sliced tomato and gherkins.
For the Skinny Fries:
- Cut potato length ways and cut into skinny chips and deep fry at 180 degrees until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve on large rectangular plate with the smoked paprika dip for your fries.