This hearty chicken casserole is a perfect family dish! A warm and filling meal, this recipe is a great way to sneak in some extra veggies and is ideal the next day as a filling school lunch even the fussiest of eaters will enjoy.
1. Preheat your oven to 180°c. Heat the oil in a casserole dish over a medium heat and sauté your onion and celery until softened.
2. Add the chicken to the pan and sauté for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add the carrots, potatoes, parsnips and tomato puree, pour over the stock and bring to the boil.
4. Cover with a lid and cook in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
5. Serve with rice or blend to the required consistency for your baby. (Check out our portion guide for advice on consistency and portions for baby)
This recipe (not including the rice) can be stored in our Portion Pots and refrigerated for up to 3 days. It will keep fresh for 3-4 months in the freezer.
*Allow at least 2 hours to cool after cooking before placing in the fridge or freezer.
Serves: 4 adults
Recipe courtesy of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie