Neven Maguire's Lettuce Cups with Prawns & Mango. Speaking on his RTÉ One TV show, Neven's Christmas Special, he said: "This fresh, light canapé will compliment any canapé selection. Just don't let them hang around for too as they will loose their crispness and begin to wilt."
- 1 small cos lettuce (2)
- 300g cooked peeled Dublin Bay prawns
- 1 large firm ripe mango, peeled and cut into small dice
- finely grated rind of 1 lime and lime separated into segments
- about 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- salad cress, to garnish
- Divine the cos lettuce into individual leaves, trimming down the large outside leaves so that they are all roughly the same size – you’ll need 20 in total.
- Place in a large bowl and cover with cling film. Chill until ready to use. Use the very small centre leaves in a sandwich or for another dish.
- Chop the Dublin Bay prawns if large and place in a bowl with the mango, lime rind and segments. Dress with the rapeseed oil, mixing well to combine and season to taste.
- Cover with cling film and chill until ready to use - you can prepare this up to 4 hours in advance.
Arrange the little lettuce leaves on a serving platter, spoon in a little of the prawn and mango mixture and finish each one with a few sprigs of salad cress to serve.