Ready in just 20 minutes, this quick and simple Paella recipe is a delicious family meal that's perfect for babies too. Ideal to introduce fish to your weaning baby, this vegetable packed seafood paella is freezer friendly too! Simply cool and transfer into portions using our Portion Pots for a fun Spanish inspired family meal any night of the week!
- 1 cup rice (Arborio is best, but brown/white rice works too)
- 1 cup of water
- 500ml low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- handful of peas
- 1 cod fillet, cubed
- 1 salmon fillet, cubed
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 100g chorizo, diced (optional)
- Place a deep based pan over medium heat. Drizzle with oil and allow to heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and chorizo (if using) and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Remove the chorizo and set aside. Add the rice and carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour the warm vegetable stock and the cup of water over the mix . Add the peppers, turmeric, oregano and bay leaves. Squeeze the juice of ½ a lemon and bring to the boil.
- Cover with a lid and reduce the heat. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the salmon, cod* and peas to the pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove your baby’s portion before adding the chorizo back into the pan.
- Remove from heat and flake the fish over the top using a fork to ensure there are no small bones. Serve warm or allow to cool before refrigerating or freezing in BabyPotz.
Note: When cooked, the cod will be opaque in colour while the salmon will be light pink.
Suitable for your weaning baby from 6 months onwards. Simply blitz the sauce to the desired consistency and serve as a finger food with a dipper such as pasta or pitta bread. Ensure to check the fish thoroughly for bones before adding to the sauce or serving to baby.
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie