Catherine travels to London during her show Tastes Like Home.
- 500g orzo durum wheat pasta
- 2 red onions
- 1 large carrot
- 250g celeriac
- 1 small leek
- 200g asparagus tips
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 150ml white wine
- 100ml cream
- 30g butter, cut into cubes
- 60g parmesan, grated
- Salt, pepper, parsley and chives
- Olive oil
- Cut the onion and leek into fine slices, carrot and celeriac into 1.5 cm cubes, asparagus into 3-4 cm long tips, chop the garlic and leave the cherry tomatoes whole.
- Meanwhile cook the orzo pasta in 5 litres of boiling salted water to ¾ al dente (do not cook fully as it will cook more later in the recipe). Drain and set aside.
- In a large, deep frying pan heat up some olive oil, add the onion and leeks and cook for 5 minutes giving a nice colour. Then add the carrot and celeriac cubes.
- Cover with greaseproof paper and continue to cook until they are softened and caramelize to a nice golden colour. Add the garlic, and white wine, nearly cooked orzo pasta and the vegetable stock.
- Then add the asparagus tips and cherry tomatoes. If necessary adding more stock making sure it does not dry out; it should be moist and slightly runny at this point.
- When ready take off the heat and add the cream, small cubes of butter and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with parmesan and chopped parsley and chives.