This week Molly Makes Apple Crumble. This one is great to prepare ahead of time and pop in the oven when you're almost ready to serve. The big question is will you have it with cream, ice cream or custard?
- 115g butter
- 175g plain flour
- 60g porridge oats
- 85g brown sugar
- 700gr cooking apples
- 30g brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water
- Juice of half a lemon
- butter for greasing
For the topping:
- Rub butter and flour together in a mixing bowl until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in oats and sugar and stir.
For the filling:
- Grease dish with a butter wrapper.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Put in the dish with the lemon juice.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and toss/stir.
- Pour over water.
- Spread crumble mix on top
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 180 degrees
Watch the video below to see Molly make this yummy apple crumble: