Paul Flynn shares his recipe for lamb gigot chops with basil and rough and ready ratatouille on Today with Maura and Dáthí.
- 2 pkts of gigot lamb chops (740g)
- I aubergine(330g)halved and cut into chunks.
- 2 red peppers(422g) quartered and deseeded.
- 2 courgettes(500g) cut into chunks.
- 2 red onions(208g) peeled and quartered.
- 2 solo garlic(46g)peeled and roughly chopped.
- 8 new potatoes (495g)cooked
- 3 tbsp basil pesto.
- 12 cherry tomatoes,halved(180g)
- A good splash of olive oil.
- I Tsp of sweet paprika.
- Juice of 1/2 orange.
- Salt and pepper.
- Set the oven to 200 deg
- Put all the ingredients except the Basil,tomatoes and orange on a large roasting tray scrunch them all together whilst making sure the chops are not overlapping.
- Put in the oven for 35 minutes turning once or twice during the cooking, again making sure the chops are nicely spread out
- When everything is ready squeeze the orange juice over the dish, stir in the Cherry tomatoes Basil pesto, check for seasoning and serve.