Healthy and delicious, these sweet potato tots are a perfect finger food for your weaning baby and are a great snack for the whole family. Try them out now!
- 3-4 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 125g grated parmesan cheese, plus more for rolling tots in
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a tray with a baking sheet.
- Steam the cubed sweet potato until you can pierce them with a fork but still too tough to eat.
- Put the sweet potatoes and parmesan cheese in a food processor. Pulse a few times to break the potatoes up.
- Once processed, fold the mixture a couple of times, making sure you have a chunky mashed texture.
- Form into small balls with your hands and then roll each tot on to more parmesan cheese – just enough to lightly coat them.
- Place on the baking sheet and cook in oven for 12-15 minutes, turning them at least once mid-way so they cook evenly on all sides.
- Remove from oven and serve.
To freeze before cooking, form into small balls and roll in parmesan cheese, then transfer into a freezer-friendly container and put in freezer. When ready to eat, place on a baking sheet and bake until fully cooked.
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie