This Super Food Salad is the perfect meal to fight those on-coming colds!
- 100g broccoli florets, purple sprouting if you can get it
- 100g asparagus tips
- 50g sugar snap peas
- 80g frozen edamame beans, defrosted
- 100g cooked quinoa
- 80g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 100g blueberries or pomegranate seeds
- 40g toasted sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, smoked almonds and hazelnuts
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 3tbsp Avoca Kilmac French dressing
- Small head frisèe lettuce, torn
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c/approximately Gas mark 6
- Blanch and refresh all the broccoli, asparagus, peas and beans.
- Cook the quinoa (approximately 8-10 minutes) or lentils (approximately 15-20 minutes) until al dente, drain and allow to cool.
- Cut the feta cheese into cubes.
- Toast the seeds or nuts in a pre-heated oven until golden. This will take between 8-10 minutes for the seeds, a little longer for the nuts: keep a close eye on them. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the frisèe lettuce, spinach leaves, quinoa or lentil, seeds and nuts and dress lightly with a little of the French dressing.
- Next, gently warm the cooked green vegetables with a tablespoon of French dressing in a frying pan for 2-3 minutes.
Place some lettuce, grains and seed mixture on a plate, then some of the greens, add some feta and repeat this layering until you have used up all the ingredients.
If you can get them, pomegranate seeds add a nice touch of colour and contrast in texture, otherwise use blueberries.
Put a little jug of extra dressing on each plate.
Recipe courtesy of Avoca