Aoife Hearne shares her tasty and healthy pizza recipe from her brand new cookbook The Plan. Bonus: It's just 620 calories!
Ingredients for the pizza base:
- 150 g strong flour
- 1⁄2 tsp fast-action dried yeast
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 100 ml boiled water, slightly cooled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Ingredients for the toppings:
- 120 ml passata
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 50 g cooked ham, sliced
- 10 g pepperoni, sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 70 g sweetcorn
- sprinkling of uncooked polenta
- 90 g mozzarella cheese, sliced
Ingredients for the side salad:
- 50 g salad leaves
- 50 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Mix the flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl. Pour in the warm water and oil, and mix to a rough dough – it should feel damp but not overly sticky. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some flour on the work surface and knead the dough for 5–10 minutes.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover with oiled clingfilm and leave to rise until doubled in size. (You can
- leave it to rise in a warm room for 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7.
- Once the dough is ready, shape it into a round shape and leave for at least 15 minutes – it may take longer if the dough has been in the fridge overnight.
- Roll out into a circular shape.
- For the topping, mix the passata and tomato purée in a bowl. Spread the tomato mix on the pizza base.
- Add the rest of the toppings and then sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Place in the oven for 10–15 minutes.
- Serve with the side salad.
Top Tip: Leave the dough to rise overnight in the fridge, as this will boost the flavour – and it makes for quick preparation.