A traditional Sunday roast, rich Greek moussaka, a warming bowl of Irish stew. They'd all be nothing without delicious, tasty lamb. It's not just for special occasions or celebration meals - there's a multitude of lamb cuts which are quick, simple and very easy to cook
You're right, mint is the perfect partner for lamb but I promise you that it's much more versatile than that. Create your own lambtastic recipes like Lamb Tagliata with Spinach or Pilau Rice with Lamb.
My favourite recipe is BBQ-friendly and ridiculously easy to create - whizz up the fragrant sauce in a food processor, marinade the lamb in the fridge for a while and it's ready to grill. Dinner in mere minutes for 4 hungry people.
8 - 12 Lamb Cutlets
- 1 small Onion, peeled & quartered
- 1 clove of Garlic, peeled
- 8 sprigs of Flat Leaf Parsley, destalked
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- ½ tsp dried Thyme
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp ground Cumin
- Pinch of ground Piri-Piri
- Zest of 1 unwaxed Lemon
- 100 ml Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- A generous pinch each of Salt and Pepper
- Whizz everything but the lamb together in a food processor (using the knife blade) for about 60 seconds until well mixed. That's your Chimichurri sauce made.
- Coat the lamb cutlets in about 2 tbsp of the sauce, place in a sealed plastic bag & amp; refrigerate for at least an hour. Decant the Chimichurri sauce into a bowl, cover tightly with cling film and refrigerate also.
- About 15 minutes before you want to eat, remove the sauce from the fridge and heat your griddle pan or BBQ. Cook the lamb cutlets for about 2-3 minutes on each side until pink in the middle (30 seconds longer if you like your meat a little more well done).
- Rest the lamb for a few moments before serving with new potatoes and green salad. Douse liberally with the remaining Chimichurri sauce and devour with your fingers.
- You can swap the parsley for coriander if you prefer. Also, you can prepare everything the night before and keep the marinaded lamb & sauce in the fridge. The flavours will only improve!
There are a wide range of summer lamb BBQ dishes on www.tastyeasylamb.ie.