Just cous it's healthy, doesn't mean it's not tasty! Watch the video below and get cooking this OpTrans recipe!
- 100g cous cous
- 220mls vegetable stock made with boiling water
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small pack coriander
- 1 small pack mint, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Mix the lime juice, olive oil and garlic together in a large sealable plastic bag.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken to the bag and seal it, removing as much air from the bag as you can.
- Marinate chicken, turning bag over once or twice, for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Arrange the chicken, in a baking tray. Leave some space between each piece. Roast in the oven until cooked through, about 30-35 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, transfer the roasting tin to the grill or if your oven has a grill just turn it to the grill setting Grill the chicken until it is about to get crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place cous cous in a pot and pour in the vegetable stock. Add peas. Bring to boil and then turn down heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Stir in the carrots, coriander, mint, and lemon juice.
Watch the video below and get cooking your very own Garlic Lime Chicken with Cous Cous:
We need your consent to load this rte-player contentWe use rte-player to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences