There is nothing more satisfying that a steak sandwich for dinner, so why not add some crunchy fresh summer veg and treat yo self this evening. Watch the video below and get cooking!
- 200g sirloin /fillet steak
- 2 tbspn rapeseed oil
- 1 onion
- 2 wholegrain bread rolls (Brennan’s Be Good sandwich buns)
- 1 tomato
- 2 handfuls of Iceberg lettuce
- 1 large courgette, sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 aubergine, halved and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a bowl combine the courgette, onion, aubergine and yellow pepper. Add one 1tbspn of oil and coat the veg. Make sure they are well coated with the oil.
- Add the vegetables to a baking tray and roast in oven for 45 mins.
- Meanwhile place remaining oil in a pan on medium heat and add steak. Cook as desired. 4 minutes per side for medium rare and longer to cook through. stir fry until cooked through.
- Remove steak from the pan and allow to rest on a plate. Once rested, slice the steak into strips.
- Now add onion to the pan, and fry until soft.
- Place the steak on the roll. Top with the onion, tomato and lettuce.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and serve with the steak sandwich.
Operation Transformation show us how to cook up the ultimate steak sandwich:
We need your consent to load this rte-player contentWe use rte-player to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences