Operation Transformation brings us yet another healthy recipe! Try these tasty scallion burgers for brunch this weekend!
- 225g of cooked, mashed potatoes
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 medium egg
- 40g cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp butter
- 40g of wholegrain breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the salsa:
- 100g ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried, ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon dried, ground cumin
- Juice of 1½ limes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- To get them at the right constancy, prepare the mashed potatoes several hours in advance and refrigerate.
- On a medium heat, place the pan and add the butter. Now add the chopped scallions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix the scallions into the chilled potato In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg and milk with a whisk.
- Stir half the egg and milk mixture into potatoes and season with salt and pepper Shape the potatoes into four burgers. Ensure they are relatively flat so that they fully cook in the oven.
- Dip each one first into the remaining egg and milk and then into the dried/toasted breadcrumbs to coat
- Place the burgers on a baking tray or grill and place in the oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until the burgers are golden brown and piping hot throughout.
- In a bowl, add the chopped tomatoes, garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, lime juice and salt and pepper to season.