Luxurious layered dessert which looks stunning served in a glass.
- 3 gelatine leaves
- 450ml double cream
- 200ml milk
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 400g strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1½ tsp cornflour
- 50g caster sugar
- Place the gelatine leaves in a small bowl of cold water to soften. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Pour the cream, milk and caster sugar into a saucepan. Heat gently over a medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Add the softened gelatine leaves to the saucepan and stir until dissolved. Add the vanilla extract and leave to stand for 30 minutes until cooled.
- Pour into serving glasses, then chill for at least 3 hours.
- Add the strawberries, cornflour and sugar to a saucepan.
- Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Top the panna cottas with strawberry mixture and chill until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Avonmore.