A delicious and simple rice pudding, which makes for a great light bite or lunch on the run.
- 350ml water
- 170g pudding rice
- ½ tsp salt
- 800ml milk
- 80g sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Add the pudding rice and salt to a large pot of boiling water. Bring to the boil.
- Pour in the milk and add the sugar. Reduce the heat slightly and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir frequently throughout cooking.
- When ready, stir in the vanilla extract.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with a sprinkle of nutmeg before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Avonmore.