The chef Rory O'Connell shares with us his delicious recipe for macroom mozzarella with physalis and mint relish.
- 3 balls of mozzarella
- 30 rocket leaves or fine mustard greens
- mint and coriander leaves to garnish
- black pepper and drizzle of olive oil to finish the presentation
- physalis relish
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon Sake
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green chilli
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped red chilli
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 20 physalis coarsely chopped
- 12 physalis halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- salt and pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients for the relish and taste and correct seasoning.
- To serve, slice or tear the cheese and divide between 6 plates or a large serving dish.
- Surround with the rocket or mustard leaves.
- Drizzle on the relish.
- Grind some black pepper over the cheese and sprinkle on mint and coriander leaves.