This is a wholesome, tasty, filling meal that can be prepared in advance, which is especially handy if you're pressed for time. It's also great served with the toasted soda bread.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 good gluten-free butcher sausages (approx. 600g)
- 3 mixed peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 150ml white wine
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1 x 400g tin of white beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- gluten-free soda bread, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 4 minutes, until soft.
- Add the sausages and cook for a further 5 minutes, then add the peppers, celery, garlic, thyme, paprika and cayenne pepper and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Pour in the white wine and reduce by half. Add the chopped tomatoes and stock and almost bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook for a further 8 minutes.
- Taste to check the seasoning and adjust if required. Serve with gluten-free soda bread.