Who says gluten-free should be boring. This is one from Saba restaurant in Dublin and if prawns are your thing - this will be one for date night, chez vous.
- 8 cooked prawns cut in half
- 8 pieces Rice paper
- 500ml water
- 100g ginger small brunoise
- 100g shallot small diced
- 100g lemongrass thin sliced
- 16 leaves fresh mint
- 16 leaves iceberg lettuce cut like a cup
- 20g roasted cashew nuts
- 3 dsp fish sauce
- 3 dsp fresh lime juice
- 4 dsp sugar syrup (2 dsp sugar + 2 dsp water)
- 4 chopped birds eye chilli
- ½ chopped red chilli (large)
- 1dsp chopped garlic
- 1dsp chopped shallot
- 1 dsp chopped coriander stalk
- To prepare dressing put fish sauce, lime juice and sugar syrup in a bowl and mix well, add birds eye chilli, red chilli, garlic, shallot and coriander. Keep this to one side
- Soak rice paper in cold water for about 2 minutes or until the rice paper gets soft.
- Cut the rice paper into equal portions.
- Place the rice paper on iceberg lettuce and add mint, shallot, lemongrass and ginger and place the cooked half prawn and cashew nut on top.
- Serve with dressing on the side
Recipe courtesy of Saba restaurant, in Dublin.