Speaking about her recipe for white chocolate panna cotta with lime syrup and poppy seed brittle: "This is a lovely dessert and it's no too rich to finish a lunch or dinner with".
For the Brittle:
- 100g caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons poppy seeds
For the Panna Cotta:
- 200g white chocolate drops
- 300ml double cream
- 100g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 gelatine sheets (soak in 250ml cold water)
- 200g Greek style natural yoghurt
For the Syrup:
- 60g caster sugar
- 100ml water
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- lime slices, to serve
Speaking about her recipe for white chocolate Panna Cotta with lime syrup and poppy seed brittle: "This is a lovely dessert and it's no too rich to finish a lunch or dinner with".
- Line a small baking tray with parchment. To make the brittle, place the sugar in a shallow non-stick pan over a medium-high heat and let it melt and turn golden without stirring. This will take about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir the poppy seeds into it and pour straight out onto the parchment sheet. Set aside to cool completely before cracking into shards.
- To make the panna cotta, place the white chocolate drops, cream, sugar and vanilla into a medium saucepan over a medium heat and heat until the chocolate is melted, stirring often. Remove from the heat when melted.
- Place the gelatine sheets into the cold water and soak for about 2 to 3 minutes until they are softened. Squeeze all the excess water out of the gelatine and place the gelatine into the warm chocolate and cream mixture, stir well and quickly.
- Pour the warm panna cotta through a sieve into a jug. Fold in the yoghurt and carefully pour into the ramekins, jars, glasses or espresso cups. Place on a tray and place into the fridge to set. This will take at least 4 hours.
- To make the syrup, pour the caster sugar, water and lime juice, zest and juice into a small saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil, turn the heat down and simmer for about 4 to 5 minutes until a syrup forms. Cool and leave in the fridge.
- To serve, place a slice of lime onto each ramekin, jar, glass or cup, spoon over a little syrup and place a poppy seed brittle shard into the panna cotta. Serve immediately.