These Granola Bars are the perfect healthy snack, in a lunch box or when your little ones come home from school in the evenings. They're also ideal as breakfast-on-the-go, not just for the kids but for Mum and Dad too!
- 4 tbsp of butter or coconut oil
- 6 tbsp of fruit puree, we used Apple and Apricot
- 2 tbsp of honey or maple syrup
- 2 cups of oats
- 4 tbsp of mixed seeds 3 tbsp of ground almonds
- 2 tbsp pecans, chopped into small pieces
- Optional extra: handful of raisins
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the coconut oil or butter in a small sauce pan over a low heat until melted, add in puree and honey/maple syrup and heat gently.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in the wet ingredients and place in either a silicone or parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully before cutting into squares.
- Store in your air tight Portion Pots for up to one week or freeze and use within one month.
- If freezing allow to defrost thoroughly and come to room temperature before serving.
Not suitable for babies due to the honey and chopped nuts.
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie