Catherine Fulvio's Chilli Spiced Pork & Butternut Squash Platter with Sour Cream & Chive Drizzle.
For The Drizzle
- 100ml sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon paprika
For The Rub
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 5 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- A good grating of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 500g pork fillet, trimmed
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and sliced in thin wedges
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly lengthways
- 12 cauliflower florets
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- Thin lemon wedges, to garnish
- Dusting of paprika
Catherine says: “This is a delicious and substantial main course platter for the entire family to enjoy. It’s fine to swap vegetables, depending on everyone’s tastes”
HOW TO GET THE BEST FROM YOUR SPICES
Store in a cool dark place. If possible buy whole spices like nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon, so you can grate them freshly or add whole. Toast spices in a non-stick dry frying pan over a medium heat for 20 seconds to release their aroma. Then turn the heat off and allow them to cool before grinding. To get the most from pricey saffron, soak it in advance, either in water or milk.
- Combine all the ingredients for the drizzle, stir well and keep in the fridge.
- Mix all the ingredients for the rub together and spoon over the pork fillet, rubbing it into the meat. Cover and leave for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan 160°C, gas 4). Place the butternut squash wedges, carrots and cauliflower on a roasting tray and drizzle with oil, leaving a space for the fillet.
- Sprinkle over the chilli, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place in the oven to roast.
- Take the pork fillet out of the fridge. Heat a large frying pan with a little rapeseed oil over a medium heat and using a pair of tongs, sear the fillet on all sides.
- Then transfer to the roasting tray with the vegetables and return to the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and caramelised.
- Cover the pork in foil and allow the fillet to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, place the butternut squash wedges, carrots and cauliflower florets on a serving platter and arrange the slices of pork in between. Spoon over the sour cream drizzle, arrange the mint leaves and lemon wedges on top. Dust with a little paprika. Serve warm and enjoy.