Kids Love This Chicken Curry. It will work for all the family and for lunch boxes too.
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 peppers, finely sliced
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into small chunks
- 1 x 400g tin of coconut milk
- 3 tbsp of tomato puree
- 1/2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp garma masala
- 1/2 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Rice to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and brown the chicken for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onions to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the sweet potato to the pan and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes before adding in the spices and the puree.
- Once the spices and puree are nicely mixed into the sweet potato and onions, add in the peppers and return the chicken to the pan.
- Mix everything until it is covered in the spices adding a tbsp or so of water if necessary.
- Stir in the coconut milk, bring the mixture to the boil before returning to a simmer for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sweet potato is nice and soft.
- Serve with some rice and enjoy!
This recipe is perfect for a school lunch.
4mth+ - Not suitable due to texture
6-9mths – Blended with some texture. Store in your 3oz or 4oz portion pots.
9-12mths – Minced and mashed with soft lumps. Store in your 5oz or 6oz portion pots.
Finger Food – Serve as is and allow your baby to pick up. Store in your 8oz portion pot and heat as required.
Children over 12m+ and the rest of the family: Serve as is and store in 8oz Toddler, 12oz Adult portion pots.
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie