Eunice Power cooks up delightful frittata - perfect for a quick dinner.
- 200 g peas
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
- 50 g parmesan
- 4 eggs
- 150 g goats cheese
- a handful of wild garlic, roughly chopped
- a large knob of butter
For the Tomato Salad:
- 500 g tomatoes – preferable vine ripened, halved or quartered depending on their size
- 1 small red onion diced
- 0.5 a cucumber peeled and diced
- i pitta bread torn into small pieces
- a large handful of parsley
- a large handful of mint
- 2 tblsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sumac
- Cook the peas briefly in boiling water, the drain them.
- Finely grate the parmesan
- Break the eggs into a bowl and lightly mix them, stir in the wild garlic, parmesan, goats cheese, cherry tomatoes and pead
- Heat the grill
- Melt the butter in a shallow non stick 24cm frying pan. When the butter starts to froth, pour in the egg mixture.
- Let it cook over a relatively low temperature until the bottom has formed a golden crust. The centre will probably still be wobbly.
- Lift the pan from the heat and put it under the grill till the eggs have set and the top is lightly coloured.
- Turn out onto a plate and cut into wedges like a cake
- For the Tomato Salad, pre heat the oven to 180.
- Toss the pitta bread in olive oil and place in the oven until crispy and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients including the toasted pitta together and drizzle with pomegranate molasses and olive oil, season with a little salt and pepper.
- Put the salad in a serving bowl and sprinkle with sumac.