A perfect breakfast in bed idea for a lazy weekend, a Mother's Day or to treat your other half with a tasty breakfast.
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 2 tblsp folláin tomato relish
- 4 free-range eggs
- fresh coriander
- guacamole and fresh limes to serve
- Start by heating the oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat. Finely dice the onion, garlic and chilli.
- Fry the onion for 3 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and the Folláin Tomato Relish, stirring well. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, tasting it to check the seasoning. Simmer for 15 minutes, until the sauce is thickened and glossy.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas Mark 6.
- After 15 minutes, transfer the sauce to a small baking dish. With a wooden spoon, make space in the sauce for the eggs. Crack the eggs into the space and place into the oven.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until the eggs have set.
- Once cooked, serve the eggs in the baking dish sprinkled with freshly chopped coriander and some guacamole and slices of lime on the side.
Recipe couresty of Folláin