A hearty and healthy breakfast for one.
- 120 g tin sardines in extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp low-fat mayonnaise
- few drops worcester sauce to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices coarse wholemeal toast
- 1 tomato (quartered)
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Thoroughly mash the sardines, ketchup, mayo, Worcester sauce and pepper with a fork until the bones are all smashed and you have a thick creamy consistency.
- Divide the mixture between 2 slices of toast.
- Put them on a sheet of foil under the grill until the fish starts to brown – about 3 minutes.
- Remove and serve at once with the tomato.