A wonderful treat but packed full of fruit! Great for teenagers to boost their vitamin intake
- 600 ml apple juice
- 115 g couscous
- 40g sultanas
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 large bramley apple (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 2 tblsp demerara sugar
- natural low-fat yoghurt (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Place the apple juice, couscous, sultanas and spice in a pan and bring to the boil, stirring.
- Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes until all the free liquid is absorbed.
- Spoon half the couscous mixture into an ovenproof dish and top with half the apple slices. Top with remaining couscous.
- Arrange the remaining apple slices overlapping over the top and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with yoghurt.