A real taste of Spain.
- 125 ml milk
- 100 g crusty bread (2 days old)
- 350 g green seedless grapes (peeled)
- 200 g blanched almonds (lightly toasted)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tblsp sherry vinegar
- 500 ml cold water
- salt to taste
- finely sliced blanched almonds
- 1 prawn
- finely sliced green seedless grapes (peeled)
- sprig of dill
- handful of crushed ice
- Place the bread in a dish which will hold it in a single layer, and pour the milk over. Leave until the milk has been absorbed.
- Transfer the soaked bread to a blender and add the toasted almonds, peeled grapes, garlic, sherry vinegar, oil, half the water and a little salt. Process until smooth.
- Check the consistency and add more water until you get a soup-like consistency. Adjust the seasoning.
- Adjust the seasoning. Chill the soup until very cold, leave overnight.
- Mix through some crushed ice.
- Serve the soup in individually chilled bowls, garnished with some finely sliced and peeled grapes, a sprinkle of shaved almonds topped with a Dublin Bay prawn, a sprig of dill and two croûtons on the side.