Healthcare workers are special people. They're on the frontline of this pandemic, in the belly of the beast, under sustained stress and pressure.
In this episode of You OK? Chartered Clinical Psychologist and Director of Human Factors in Patient Safety at the Royal College of Surgeons, Dr. Eva Doherty talks about how healthcare workers can mind their mental health before, during and after 'the surge’.
Eva shares advice on prioritising self-care, the importance of taking a minute to breathe in the midst of intense work and the responsibility we all have to show our healthcare workers how much we value their efforts.
There are lots of excellent resources available to support healthcare workers during this time, including articles, videos, access to counselling and more. See below for some of those Eva highlighted.
- Mind The Frontline at www.mindthefrontline.com
- The Royal College of Surgeons - www.rcsi.ie
- The Royal College of Physicians - www.rcpi.ie
- The Irish College of General Practitioners - www.icgp.ie
- The Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation - www.inmo.ie
- The Psychological Society - www.psychologicalsociety.ie