Father’s Day isn’t far off – it’s Sunday, June 16 in case you haven’t got the date in your diary – and after all they do for us, don’t you think our dads deserve more than just a card and a hug on their special day?
This year, why not give pops a trendy treat in the form of clothes or accessories from one of his favourite brands – or introduce him to a stylish new label?
From T-shirts to trainers, here are 10 gift ideas that will make dad’s day…
1. Central Tape Plimsolls, €39.95, Zara
These white plimsolls with blue and red tape detail are the perfect shoes for Summer. From BBQ to bar, these shoes will help your old man paint the town red.
2. M&Co Men’s Boat Print Polo Collar Shirt, currently €28.00; Boy’s Boat Print Polo Collar Shirt, €19.00
How cute are these ‘mini me’ duo sets? Available in a range of prints, they’re perfect if you’re buying for your baby daddy rather than your old man.
3. Dune Oblique Navy Barrel Holdall Bag, currently reduced to €56.00 (was€85.00)
Sporty and chic, this navy holdall with red and white trim is ideal if papa is a frequent flyer or a regular at the gym.
5. Dunnes Stores Sateen Fluffy Robe, €20
Does your dad love to lounge around with the Sunday papers every weekend? Then why not upgrade his dressing gown with a fluffy sateen edition from Dunnes?
6. Louis Copeland jungle pattern contemporary fit shirt, €169.00
For fathers who love to bust out their brightest clothing as soon as the sun shines, a jungle style shirt from Louis Copeland may be just the ticket.
7. River Island Stone RI Cross Body Bag, €25; Dark Green Short Sleeve Utility Shirt, €33; Green Tank Vest, €10; Light Brown Skinny Chino Shorts, €25
As any fashion-conscious father will know, the only accessory to be seen in this season is a streetwear crossbody bag, and River Island has got the coolest stone coloured design. And sure, if your dad struggles to pull an ensemble together, why not pick up the whole package?
9. Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro Smartwatch Black, £214.99 (approx €241.36), Amazon
A stylish timepiece with tons of smart features, like a heart monitor for tracking fitness and Google Pay for wireless payments on the go, the Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro has everything the tech-savvy dad needs.
10. House of Ireland Barbour Skerries Jacket, €189.95
Does your dad love the outdoors? Whether he's hiking Carrauntoohil or camping in Clare, this waterproof jacket will keep him warm, dry, and stylish all year round.
11. Lacoste Lerond Trainers with Side Stripe in Navy Leather, €96.78, ASOS
Slicker than your average kicks, these navy leather Lacoste trainers with side stripe detailing won’t be going out of style any time soon.