Her Fair City character Orla is at the heart of a dramatic story right now, and Sorcha Furlong is in the midst of planning her wedding. She grabbed a few minutes to talk to the RTÉ Guide's Julie Lordan about saying yes to the dress. Get a sneak peek below.
Buying the dress was a really enjoyable experience for Sorcha, as it involved nearly all the female members of her family.
"It’s from the White Room in Mullingar. I’m delighted. It was such a special day: my daughter Stella, Ken’s daughter Joy, my Mam, sister, auntie, cousin and nieces all came alone, it was like the Waltons!
"Obviously, Ken won’t be seeing it until the day, so I can’t say much. But the second I tried it on I knew. Normally everyone slags me for wearing Doc Martens, so when I asked for a pair of heels, we all knew.
"Then Stella pretended to be Ken and started going ‘I’m saying yes to the dress’. Looking in the mirror, I didn’t realise it would be so moving. I couldn’t believe this day was arriving – I’ve finally met my soulmate and we’re getting married."
Elsewhere in this week's RTÉ Guide
- Marvelous Mrs Maisel Donal O’Donoghue catches up with the cast of the hit US drama
- Taken Down As the crime drama reaches its dramatic finale this week, Andrea Byrne meets actor Sean Fox, better known as Fitzer, the somewhat overzealous detective
- Fortitude Richard Dormer talks to Darragh McManus about the finale of this chilling drama
- Damien Dempsey Jess O’Sullivan meets the Dublin troubador
- Hugh Cahill Darragh McManus chats to the sports broadcaster about his debut novel which covers his first sporting love: horseracing