Chris Greene is one half of 2fm’s Chris & Ciara. The pair take a wry look at the world Sunday through to Thursday at 10pm. Chris also produces comedy videos with his Epic News Daily partner Peter Ganley for clients like Channel 4 and RTÉ’s Republic of Telly.
Is as Conamara ó dhúchas do Chris. Is cainteoir líofa Gaeilge é, agus bíonn sé le cloisteáil go rialta ar RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta.
Here, he tells Sheena Madden how he maintains a good work-life balance and stays centred.
1. Tell us about a typical working day for you, if you have such a thing as a typical day (If not, tell us about your last working day).
Every day is pretty unique when you have my job, so I'd usually arrive in to work an hour or two before the show and have a look at what's going on in the world.*
*If any of my direct superiors are reading this, I actually arrive in six hours before every show and make sure I am being a great employee.
2. What do you do in your down time?
Listen to music and play computer games. That sounds childish but that is exactly what down time is for. If you’re not indulging yourself during down time then it isn't down time.
3. How important is down time to you?
Very. I probably take it to extremes but literally turning off my phone and not checking it for two weeks at a time, but that's the only way you fully disconnect.
4. How much down time do you get & do you prioritize it?
Thankfully I've managed to strike a good work life balance. It's essential.
5. What do you do to unwind before bed?
I have this clock with a bulb on it that dims gradually to mimic a sunset, so I put that on and listen to something not in the least bit taxing.
6. What do you like to treat yourself with that’s ‘just for you’?
Walks. I walk on my own to remote places and just sit there.
7. What are the signs that let you know it's time to slow down a bit or take a holiday?
When I start gaining weight and not getting proper sleeps.
8. Do you pay as much attention to your mental health as you do your physical health?
I think the two are inextricably linked. By looking after one, you are indirectly helping the other, especially when it comes to ensuring you get enough physical exercise.
9. How important are diet and exercise to you when it comes to maintaining good mental health?
Essential. Both aspects (mental and physical) need to be in good condition or they can't work.
10. Do you have a 'calm down quick' tip?
No, I should probably learn one.
'Chris & Ciara' broadcasts Sunday through to Thursday at 10pm on RTÉ 2fm.
Here's Chris and Peter AKA Epic News Daily doing what they do best.
Warning: the picture is misleading. We promise.
We need your consent to load this YouTube contentWe use YouTube to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences