- 110g (4 oz) butter
- 1 large leek or 2 medium sized leeks, chopped
- 4 cup nettle tops, chopped
- 450 g (1lb) potatoes, sliced
- 1 l (1¾ pints) chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 150ml (¼ pint) cream
- chive flowers to garnish
- Heat the butter until foaming. Add the chopped leek and the nettle tops and cook until they look glossy.
- Stir in the potatoes, then add the stock. Simmer gently for 30–35 minutes.
- Sieve or liquidise the soup, return to the heat, season to taste and add the cream.
- Garnish with chive flowers and serve hot.